The monastery St. Trinity and St. Sergius (1337), the pearl of the early russian architecture. Many events of the history of Russia are associated with this monastery. On the territory of the monastery are located the summer residence of a Russian Patriarch Alexei II, Academy and Seminary as schools of chorus and iconography. 250 monks live in the monastery. The cathedral of St. Trinity made of white stone (1423) is the most ancient building. Its interior is decorated with icons, painted by the russian artist Andrew Rublev and his pupils. Other places of interest are: an elegant church of St. Spirit (1476), an imposing cathedral of Assumption (1554), a magnificent campanile of 5 levels (XVIII c.). All monasteries, cathedrals and churches are open for public.